For the health and safety of the Grand Valley community, remote academic instruction will continue through April 25. The Admissions office is available to answer calls Mon.-Fri. from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 616-331-2025 or 1-800-748-0246 or email email@example.com. Additional instructions and updates at www.gvsu.edu/coronavirus
Who we are:
University Communications is a unit of the University Relations Division. We provide a variety of services and products to tell the Grand Valley story to audiences within the university and those reached through the mass media. Our services include:
- Media Relations/News Releases
- Photography Services
- Crisis Communications
- Media Training
- Event Support
- Live Webcasting
- Social Media Management and Consultation
Approval from an executive officer is required for live webcasting and video services. When a request is submitted, UComm will review the video project and contact the requester for more information.
University Communications products include:
- Forum: A newsletter for faculty and staff members and retirees.
- GVNext: The university's online newsroom and information source, which includes daily campus news reports, a daily newsletter, and multimedia news features. GVNext is also the home to stories about the Laker Effect.
- Grand Valley Magazine: Quarterly magazine for the Grand Valley community that includes profiles, features, research news and news about alumni and campus events.
- Videos: UComm produces convocation and commencement videos, along with special projects, as approved by an executive officer.
- For marketing planning, website development, print pieces, copy style guide or advertising, please contact Institutional Marketing.
The student group, Euphoria, sang "Lean on Me" as a way to encourage Lakers and spread positivity.
Radishes, beets, carrots, lettuce and green onions will soon be harvested and donated to the needy.
Remote learning stories: Brittland DeKorver lectures, mentors and conducts labs virtually while uniting chemistry educators worldwide
DeKorver started a Facebook page to support online learning that has followers worldwide.
President Philomena V. Mantella encouraged the GVSU community to stay safe, healthy and positive.
Johnson Center researchers are looking at impacts on nonprofits from the coronavirus epidemic.