Faculty and Staff
GVSU is committed to acting with integrity, operating transparently, and holding itself accountable for performance. This commitment is embedded in the strategic planning process, implemented in academic and operational practices, and outcomes shared in publications such as the Accountability Report. The University Policies website is the authoritative location for policies approved by the University’s Board of Trustees (formerly housed in the "Administrative Manual") and President’s Cabinet (formerly housed in the "Grand Valley Manual") and certain other policies such as those contained in the Faculty Handbook and Student Code.
GVSU also seeks to provide easy access to information we are required to disclose to current and prospective students, families, current and prospective employees and the community. The purpose of this website is to make required disclosures and other helpful resources readily available, packaged in a manner that's consistent with The Higher Education Act (as amended) and other Federal and State regulations.
Below are links to material of special interest to faculty and staff. Refer to the Students and Community page for information especially relevant for students, families and the general public. Please Contact Us with questions about the site or to make suggestions for improvements.
Health and Safety
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (includes crime statistics, fire statistics, safety and security policies)
- The Department of Public Safety maintains a daily crime log for the Allendale and Grand Rapids Campuses that can be reviewed in person during normal business hours at the Grand Valley Police Department in the Service Building on the Allendale campus for Allendale incidents or at the Grand Valley Security Department located at 609 Watson St SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504 for incidents at the Grand Rapids Campuses, Meijer Campus, Detroit Campus, the Muskegon and Traverse City Campuses. A printed copy will be provided upon request by contacting the Grand Valley Police Department at (616)331-3255.
Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program
- GVSU Alcohol and Other Drugs Policy
- GVSU Alcohol and Other Drugs Policy Handbook (From the ACES - Alcohol Campus Education Services website)
The Facilities Services Safety Manager maintains the log of fires that have occurred in Allendale Campus student housing. The log for the Allendale Campus may be viewed at the Facilities Services customer service desk in the Service Building. A printed copy will be provided upon request by contacting Facilities Services at (616) 331-3000. The daily fire log for the Robert C. Pew Grand Rapids Campus is maintained at the Pew Security Department located in the Eberhard Center in Suite 102. A printed copy will be provided upon request by contacting Pew Campus Security during normal business hours at (616) 331-6677.
- Review the Campus Health Center website for information about recommended immunizations at Grand Valley State University.
- Study Abroad
- Contact the appropriate department for immunization requirements pertaining to a specific academic program, such as Athletic Training, Nursing, Physical Therapy, Study Abroad, etc.
Inclusion and Equity
Research and Sponsored Programs
Technology Commercialization Office (patent process, Invention Disclosure Form (IDF), Material Transfer Agreement (MTA), Confidentiality Disclosure Agreement (CDA), Service Agreement, commercialization resources)