Alumni in 10
DaMar Boyd, '10 & '16
Income Tax Administrator / City of East Lansing
Degree Earned/Emphasis Area
2010 Bachelor of Business Administration Marketing / Management & 2016 Master of Public Administration
1. What has your journey been since graduation?
My journey has included me being blessed with my beautiful wife and three daughters. I worked in the pharmaceutical industry for a few years prior to graduate school. Since graduate school, I have worked in multiple roles with the City of Grand Rapids. I am currently employed by the City of East Lansing.
2. How has Grand Valley had a role in your journey?
I met my wife at Grand Valley as well as lifelong friends. My experiences at Grand Valley taught me a great deal personally and professionally. I would not be where I am today without Grand Valley.
3. What is your favorite Grand Valley memory?
My oldest daughter being able to see me walk across the stage at graduation.
4. What three words describe your experience at Grand Valley?
Incredible, Growth, Impactful
5. How, and why, have you stayed involved with Grand
Valley since graduation?
I have spoken on alumni panels to undergraduates about my experience there, things I wish I would have known, and given career advice. I am looking forward to being more involved with Grand Valley in the years to come.
6. Why are you proud to be a Laker for a Lifetime?
My experience at Grand Valley had a huge role in who I am today. I never pass up an opportunity to speak highly about the university that changed my life.
7. What do you like to do for fun?
I enjoy spending time with family, soccer, and putting puzzles together.
8. What is your favorite quote/motto to live by?
"Timing is Everything"
9. What motivates you?
My love for my family motivates me to be the best version of myself at all times.
10. What book or movie have you recently enjoyed?
I recently watched and enjoyed "The Hate U Give" with my oldest daughter. I would recommend this film as it does a great job of showcasing problems in our current social climate.