Alumni in 10
Elizabeth Arangure-Martinez '13
Admissions Counselor at Grand Valley State University
Degree Earned/Emphasis Area
BA in LIberal Studies Emphasis in Social Justice
1. What has your journey been since graduation?
It's been great! I've been able to utilize the skill set gained through my education and experience to work in a field that fuels my passion.
2. How has Grand Valley had a role in your journey?
Grand Valley continues to have a role in my journey by offering alumni groups like the Latin@ Alumni Association, volunteer, leadership, and professional development opportunities to continue my involvement with the institution and its students.
3. What is your favorite Grand Valley memory?
There are so many good memories but my most favorite memory has to be my study abroad experience in Sydney, Australia!
4. What three words describe your experience at Grand Valley?
Growth, lifelong learner, and fun!
5. How, and why, have you stayed involved with Grand
Valley since graduation?
I was afforded opportunities and I hope to give back in a way that provides opportunities for other students too, through the work that I do at the university and by volunteering.
6. Why are you proud to be a Laker for a Lifetime?
I'm proud to be a Laker for a Lifetime because Grand Valley gave me a chance to grow and find myself.
7. What do you like to do for fun?
I love spending time with my family and friends, especially with my 7 month old daughter.
8. What is your favorite quote/motto to live by?
Be kind to one another.
9. What motivates you?
10. What book or movie have you recently enjoyed?
I’m currently reading Becoming by Michelle Obama.