Alumni in 10
Amber Ravikumar, '14, '16
CFP Services Specialist/Network180
Degree Earned/Emphasis Area
Masters of Social Work
1. What has your journey been since graduation?
Since graduation, I have had the opportunity to serve children and families of Kent County. First, as a home based therapist and a KSSN Clinician. And second, as a Services Specialist with Kent County Community Mental Health.
2. How has Grand Valley had a role in your journey?
GVSU has provided me with mentors, peers, and experiences personally and professionally. I have gathered knowledge and skills to be the most competent social worker and diverse human being I could have been after graduation.
3. What is your favorite Grand Valley memory?
My favorite memory is attending the Othering and Belonging conference with the Cook Leadership Academy. I gained valuable knowledge on diversity and inclusion that I still utilize every day in my career.
4. What three words describe your experience at Grand Valley?
Networking, confidence, professionalism.
5. How, and why, have you stayed involved with Grand
Valley since graduation?
I want to give back to the community who has made me who I am today, and to have a positive influence on my future colleagues.
6. Why are you proud to be a Laker for a Lifetime?
Anchor up! Being a Laker for a Lifetime is an unforgettable legacy.
7. What do you like to do for fun?
Networking, horseback riding, playing soccer, and beaching it!
8. What is your favorite quote/motto to live by?
"Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much."
"Be comfortable with being uncomfortable."
9. What motivates you?
Social Justice, diversity, and humanity.
10. What book or movie have you recently enjoyed?
Daring Greatly by Brené Brown.