Human Resources Management
Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.)
Business, nonprofit, government, and union organizations all need specialists who are trained to respond to employee concerns, administer labor and employment laws, and design policies dealing with diversity and equal opportunity, recruiting and selection, training, performance appraisal, compensation, benefits, discipline, and labor negotiations.
A Bachelor of Business Administration in human resources emphasizes the management of relationships between employers and employees. The program uses cutting-edge concepts, local case studies, real company projects, job shadowing, internships, and company visits to prepare students for leadership roles.
Students take a variety of courses, such as:
- Compensation and benefits management
- Human resource management
- International human resource management
- Labor and employment law
- Organizational development
- Staffing and development
- The diversified workforce
- Strategic HR management
Human resource management graduates find careers such as:
- Benefits manager
- HR representative
- Compensation specialist
- Talent manager
Why Study Human Resource at Grand Valley?
- Faculty members who consult on real business issues are experts in all areas of business and have strong academic credentials.
- Current technology is integrated into courses by use of the Internet, e-commerce, and enterprise resource planning.
- Internships and mentorship programs are available to allow you to earn money while gaining business experience.
- A strong advisory board represents senior executives of major corporations in the region.
- A campus in the heart of an exciting business environment.
- Network with major corporations and gain access to internships and jobs.
- Study abroad opportunities prepare you for a global society by allowing you to live within another culture and meet students from around the world.
For More Information
Seidman College of Business
“The human resource courses I took at Grand Valley created a solid foundation for furthering my education and career. With my premier education and HR work experience, I was considered highly marketable among Fortune 500 companies.”
MANAGEMENT ALUMNA STAFFING CONSULTANT, MICROSOFT